Bed Cover made for TextilART exhibition

I feel like it’s been ages since my last post 🙂 I don’t know if I was that busy  working on so many different things (I still haven’t finished them so I can’t share with you) or I was lazy. But something came up and I needed to work as fast as I could and get it finished on time, so I could apply for an art exhibition. 
As you all know I am a textile and fashion designer and this was a good opportunity for me to try and get in to this exhibition. My father forwarded me an email with news about applying for TextilART exhibition, and I immediately decided to create something new. I still can’t believe how fast I got the idea what to make and I was so happy with how I imagined it in my head and how it should look at the end. At first I wanted to create two similar bed covers for this exhibition but because I didn’t have enough time I decided to make just one. I worked every day, whole day, because I only had one week to finish it. I didn’t make sketches first because I wanted to work instinctively, without a plan, and I liked it this way. As I said I wanted to make two bed covers, one with cats and one with owls but ended up making just the one with owls. 
My idea was to make a patchwork bed cover with painted parts and in the middle three embroidered owls that I  had already drawn few months ago. This bed cover is 2 m long and 1,05 m wide. 
Now I just need to wait and see if it’s going to be chosen for this exhibition 🙂
Wish me luck 🙂

 

 

Little owl

Owl with flower

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Bed Cover made for TextilART exhibition

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s